Re: Member contact list

@Suzanne - what contact information do you mean - we already have each other's email address so I assume you mean phone number - do you also mean home address?  I am not saying there is anything wrong with what you are thinking, but sometimes when people rush off on these things they either duplicate something that was already being done or preclude something better from being done later.

As I understand it, you want everyone to send you their contact information and you will then enter it into your spreadsheet - and then do what with it? - publish it on the web? - publically?  - or email it to everyone? - and then how often will it be updated?   It seems to me that a more straight forward approach would be to set up a Google spreadsheet and then use the "pb-over-40@..." to let everyone edit the spreadsheet and manage the viewing permissions.  Even that is not perfect and I am not sure how many people will want to share their contact information the way you want to manage it.

I would rather people had a profile here - either the standard Google one or the more simple Google Groups one - but we still have quite a few people who haven't even entered their real name or first name.  I am all for anything that increases communication here, but I would like to understand what is being proposed first.

On Sat, Sep 22, 2018 at 7:18 PM Suzanne <suzmcdonald9@...> wrote:
Hey Everyone!

Last night was a lot of fun! Thank you Alexis & Marvin for hosting. You have an adorable house!

There was mention of a member contact list last night and I offered to put together a spreadsheet for those who wish to share their information with others members. Completely voluntary. I will update,as new member's join. Just send me the information you wish to share here by Friday the 28th and I will have it ready sometime on Saturday. That should give everyone plenty of time to send me their info. Phone, other email. Etc.

I hope you are all enjoying the rest of your weekend!

Peace
Suzanne

--
To view community on the web: http://pb40.club