Re: Confirming Account

Hi Ben - welcome to San Diego,

Feel free to use this list to plan or propose any social activities - even small ones. Messages you post here go directly to about 140 of your neighbors without being filtered by any social network and has been gaining a few new members every week. We have divided this into seven "subgroups" that I have pasted below. The only ones that I have been organizing events for and the only ones currently active are the "PB40 Bike Club" and "Pool Sharks and Wannabes" - plus I am going to try to get the "PB Bookworms Club" going again - we had a meeting this summer but almost everyone bailed at the last minute and only one other person showed.

Any member can join any of these groups, and messages posted there will "pass through" to the main PB40 list unless they are blocked by a member not interested in that activity. So for example, someone who doesn't drink may not want to see messages from the "I'll Drink to That" group can easily block that topic without affecting their participation in other groups. That means that people can feel comfortable posting here because no one should be getting unwanted messages - it is under their control.

I see that you are the only one other than me who has joined the "foodies" group even though I am sure there are others here with an interest in "Food, Cooking and Dining" - who isn't? - so feel free to use that list to to post ideas, suggestions, requests for recommendations - anything about food in this neighborhood.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Rob

I'll drink to that!
https://pb40.groups.io/g/drinks
This group is for people who enjoy having a drink or two with friends, and who like PB's many fine bars and taverns. It is for planning happy hours and other events where the drinks are front and center, as well as nights, where you would like to go out for drinks, and would like someone to join you. To post to this group simply send a message to: drinks@PB40.groups.io

The PB40 Bike Club
https://pb40.groups.io/g/bike
This group is for all things bicycle: planned rides, ideas for rides and questions about bike riding in the area of any kind: road trips, trail riding or beach cruising.
To use this group simply send and email message to bike@PB40.groups.io

PB Food, Cooking & Dining Connoisseurs
https://pb40.groups.io/g/foodies
This group is for foodies! Those who enjoy fine dining, as well as those who appreciate a good hamburger or fish tacos from time to time. Feel free to post your thoughts on local restaurants, your favorite recipes, potluck dinner plans or cooking and dining partners. To post to this group simply send a message to foodies@PB40.groups.io

Pool Sharks and Wannabes
https://pb40.groups.io/g/pool

The PB Bookworm Club
https://pb40.groups.io/g/books
This group is for people who love books! We have had a huge amount of interest in this and want to make sure we organize it in a way that is truely inclusive. This can be used for book recommendations, talking about books you are reading and forming "book clubs" - large or small, where you agree to read a certain book before a certain date. To post to this group simply send a message to books@PB40.groups.io

PB Health & Fitness Buffs
https://pb40.groups.io/g/health

PB Makers and Creators
https://pb40.groups.io/g/arts