Topics

Beach Cruiser Convoy to Ocean Beach for CicloSDias

Jenny Stevens

If you are still biking around when I am back from Animal Rescue Reserve training, I will reach out  Since it is way out in Campo, I probably will not be back until 2pm.

On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 7:14 PM Rob Gordon <rob@...> wrote:
CicloSDias is an event that started in Bogotá, Columbia and became a movement that spread worldwide.  On one special day, city streets in urban areas are closed to vehicle traffic and the business district is open only to pedestrians, bike riders, skaters, etc. Ocean Beach will be having one on Sunday. October 21 and it is a perfect excuse for a lazy bike ride.

Let's meet at Fanuel Park at 11am. Should take less than an hour to get there. Goof around in OB and eat some street food or whatever, and then bike back. Post your location if you want to join us on route.

Looks like we got us a convoy!

OB CicloSDias.jpg

--
To view community on the web: http://pb40.club
To view community event calendar: https://goo.gl/P4p23X

www.linkedin.com/in/jenniferannstevens

Jenny Stevens
617.407.9789

HI Jennifer - you are talking about next week - not tomorrow, right?  I am still looking for someone who wants to ride to La Jolla Cove tomorrow.

On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 7:26 PM Jennifer Stevens <stevensjenniferann@...> wrote:
[...]

Peter Scheir

Hello Rob, I would love to make that ride with you. I'm not positive if I can go based on schedule, if I could it would be sometime around noon. Keep me posted and if I can I will...

On Sat, Oct 13, 2018, 7:28 PM Rob Gordon <rob@...> wrote:
[...]

Oh, cool Peter - I will text your tomorrow to see if you are around.  I have already posted this in other places though, so I will likely have to be in Fanual Park at 11am.

On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 8:42 PM Peter Hologram Man <peter@...> wrote:
[...]

Sorry. Tomorrow I’m in training at the ass crack of dawn.

On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 7:28 PM Rob Gordon <rob@...> wrote:
[...]

Jay

I am back from my trip and will be there at 11am on Sunday.

On Saturday, October 13, 2018 at 7:14:12 PM UTC-7, Rob Gordon wrote:
CicloSDias is an event that started in Bogotá, Columbia and became a movement that spread worldwide.  On one special day, city streets in urban areas are closed to vehicle traffic and the business district is open only to pedestrians, bike riders, skaters, etc. Ocean Beach will be having one on Sunday. October 21 and it is a perfect excuse for a lazy bike ride.

Let's meet at Fanuel Park at 11am. Should take less than an hour to get there. Goof around in OB and eat some street food or whatever, and then bike back. Post your location if you want to join us on route.

Looks like we got us a convoy!

OB CicloSDias.jpg

Rob Gordon

Fantastic Jay - looking forward to riding with you again.

Rob

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 12:53 PM Jay <jayglic@...> wrote:
[...]

Marie Lapointe

Looking forward to it!!!
Marie

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 1:18 PM <angela.acfalle@...> wrote:
I’m in!

--
To view community on the web: http://pb40.club
To view community event calendar:  https://goo.gl/P4p23X
---

Awesome Marie and Angela

A few people I know from Twitter might be coming too, and I caught wind from them that Northpark will be sending a convoy. I am not aware that anyone else from PB is organizing a convoy so maybe we should make this one the official delegation.  For this reason, I think we should hold our noses and open this to the youngins this time.

Spread the word:

Beach Cruiser* Convoy to Ocean Beach CicloSDias leaving this Sunday at 11am from Fanuel Park - EVERYONE  WELCOME!

(*regular bikes are fine if you don't have a beach cruiser)

Rob

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 3:21 PM Marie Lapointe <lamarienicole@...> wrote:
Looking forward to it!!!
Marie

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 1:18 PM <angela.acfalle@...> wrote:
I’m in!

--
To view community on the web: http://pb40.club
To view community event calendar:  https://goo.gl/P4p23X
---

To view community on the web: http://pb40.club
To view community event calendar: https://goo.gl/P4p23X
---

Val

I might be able to go! Sounds great!

[...]

If anyone wants to come but doesn’t have a bike, I may have an extra one. My front tire was flat, it could just be a slow leak since I haven’t used it in a while. I just put air in it and we can see where it’ll be at later today :)

On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 3:27 PM Val Turner <valturnerr@...> wrote:
[...]

P E R S O N N E S I M P L E

BOOK ME!

619-857-6082

lamarienicole@...

facebook.png linkedin.png evernote.png twitter.png

@Val Turner Hope you can make it - it would be nice to ride with you again, and we will be meeting about 20 feet from your front door.

@Marie Lapointe What a nice offer - did you get your flat fixed?  Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.

On Sat, Oct 20, 2018 at 7:43 AM Marie Lapointe <lamarienicole@...> wrote:
[...]

Awesome group of people showed up for today's ride.  Also, we seem to have broken the PB40  bike club jinx of "one flat tire every ride".   Everyone had a nice ride and returned home without incident.   Only one minor glitch - Angela brought her roller blades and we missed her text message for the return trip home.  Sorry Angela!

ob bike 0.jpg

On Saturday, October 13, 2018 at 7:14:12 PM UTC-7, Rob Gordon wrote:
CicloSDias is an event that started in Bogotá, Columbia and became a movement that spread worldwide.  On one special day, city streets in urban areas are closed to vehicle traffic and the business district is open only to pedestrians, bike riders, skaters, etc. Ocean Beach will be having one on Sunday. October 21 and it is a perfect excuse for a lazy bike ride.

Let's meet at Fanuel Park at 11am. Should take less than an hour to get there. Goof around in OB and eat some street food or whatever, and then bike back. Post your location if you want to join us on route.

Looks like we got us a convoy!

OB CicloSDias.jpg

Rob Gordon

A slow bike ride to ocean beach - and we reached bicycle nirvana.

ob bike 3.jpg

On Sunday, October 21, 2018 at 2:52:54 PM UTC-7, Rob Gordon wrote:
[...]

I had to stop at a gas station to fill my tires and I snapped a picture of this motley bicycle crew

ob bike 1.jpg

On Sunday, October 21, 2018 at 2:56:43 PM UTC-7, Rob Gordon wrote:
[...]

The group decided to check out the OB Pier . - bike riding not allowed so we walked and did some sightseeing.  Pretty cool - lots of fishermen and the fog was rolling in.

ob bike 5.jpg

On Sunday, October 21, 2018 at 3:01:41 PM UTC-7, Rob Gordon wrote:
[...]

Near disaster when Marie's tires got tangled in fishing line, but this nice man helped cut her free.

ob bike 4.jpg

On Sunday, October 21, 2018 at 3:06:33 PM UTC-7, Rob Gordon wrote:
[...]

Stopped at Quivira Basin on the return trip to look at the boats - it is so pretty here.

ob bike 6.jpg

Rob Gordon

Val just sent me this pic of the group  - also at Quivira Basin.  Thanks for a great ride guys - you don't know how much I needed it.

Rob

ob bike 7.JPG

On Sunday, October 21, 2018 at 3:14:36 PM UTC-7, Rob Gordon wrote:
Stopped at Quivira Basin on the return trip to look at the boats - it is so pretty here.

ob bike 6.jpg

Val

Thank you Rob, It was fun!! Thank you for organizing it! I will try to make it to as many bike ride as possible :)