Topics

Confirming Account

Ben Palmer

Hello,

We moved to La Jolla a few months ago from Chicago. Someone from La Jolla New Commers told us about this group. Looks fun.

Ben Palmer and Sue De Santo

Hi Ben - welcome to San Diego,

Feel free to use this list to plan or propose any social activities - even small ones. Messages you post here go directly to about 140 of your neighbors without being filtered by any social network and has been gaining a few new members every week. We have divided this into seven "subgroups" that I have pasted below. The only ones that I have been organizing events for and the only ones currently active are the "PB40 Bike Club" and "Pool Sharks and Wannabes" - plus I am going to try to get the "PB Bookworms Club" going again - we had a meeting this summer but almost everyone bailed at the last minute and only one other person showed.

Any member can join any of these groups, and messages posted there will "pass through" to the main PB40 list unless they are blocked by a member not interested in that activity. So for example, someone who doesn't drink may not want to see messages from the "I'll Drink to That" group can easily block that topic without affecting their participation in other groups. That means that people can feel comfortable posting here because no one should be getting unwanted messages - it is under their control.

I see that you are the only one other than me who has joined the "foodies" group even though I am sure there are others here with an interest in "Food, Cooking and Dining" - who isn't? - so feel free to use that list to to post ideas, suggestions, requests for recommendations - anything about food in this neighborhood.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Rob

I'll drink to that!
https://pb40.groups.io/g/drinks
This group is for people who enjoy having a drink or two with friends, and who like PB's many fine bars and taverns. It is for planning happy hours and other events where the drinks are front and center, as well as nights, where you would like to go out for drinks, and would like someone to join you. To post to this group simply send a message to: drinks@PB40.groups.io

The PB40 Bike Club
https://pb40.groups.io/g/bike
This group is for all things bicycle: planned rides, ideas for rides and questions about bike riding in the area of any kind: road trips, trail riding or beach cruising.
To use this group simply send and email message to bike@PB40.groups.io

PB Food, Cooking & Dining Connoisseurs
https://pb40.groups.io/g/foodies
This group is for foodies! Those who enjoy fine dining, as well as those who appreciate a good hamburger or fish tacos from time to time. Feel free to post your thoughts on local restaurants, your favorite recipes, potluck dinner plans or cooking and dining partners. To post to this group simply send a message to foodies@PB40.groups.io

Pool Sharks and Wannabes
https://pb40.groups.io/g/pool

The PB Bookworm Club
https://pb40.groups.io/g/books
This group is for people who love books! We have had a huge amount of interest in this and want to make sure we organize it in a way that is truely inclusive. This can be used for book recommendations, talking about books you are reading and forming "book clubs" - large or small, where you agree to read a certain book before a certain date. To post to this group simply send a message to books@PB40.groups.io

PB Health & Fitness Buffs
https://pb40.groups.io/g/health

PB Makers and Creators
https://pb40.groups.io/g/arts

Josie Sarullo

Welcome Ben and Sue

On Sat, Nov 16, 2019 at 1:34 PM Ben Palmer <ben.palmer@...> wrote:

Hello,

We moved to La Jolla a few months ago from Chicago. Someone from La Jolla New Commers told us about this group. Looks fun.

Ben Palmer and Sue De Santo

Elaina Nieman

Hope to meet you soon Ben and Sue!

--
Elaina
Sent from my mobile device

Donna Budzynski

Hi Ben and Sue and everyone,
We are originally from Chicago. We've been in San Diego area since 2002, but just moved to PB in September. Hope to meet everyone soon!

Donna and Rick

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019, 9:58 PM Elaina Nieman <Elainasd@...> wrote:
Hope to meet you soon Ben and Sue!
On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 9:39 AM Josie Sarullo <josie.sarullo@...> wrote:
Welcome Ben and Sue

On Sat, Nov 16, 2019 at 1:34 PM Ben Palmer <ben.palmer@...> wrote:

Hello,

We moved to La Jolla a few months ago from Chicago. Someone from La Jolla New Commers told us about this group. Looks fun.

Ben Palmer and Sue De Santo

--
Elaina
Sent from my mobile device

Well, since everyone is greeting Ben and Sue I guess I should too - welcome to the neighborhood guys!

Our most recent event was a happy hour / games of pool at the Silver Fox the week before last.  I'd like to keep these going this winter with a "tour of beach area dive bars" maybe starting next Friday if anyone is up for it.   Since we have been to the Silver Fox a few times, I was thinking maybe that "Latitude" place on Cass Street - or maybe the West End.  The list of possibilities is long so let me know if you have any preferences.

A few other things are in the works - plus feel free to plan or propose your own events / activities / gatherings - whatever.   Hope everyone is having a nice Friday.

Rob
.

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 11:06 AM Donna Budzynski <drbud134@...> wrote:
Hi Ben and Sue and everyone,
We are originally from Chicago. We've been in San Diego area since 2002, but just moved to PB in September. Hope to meet everyone soon!

Donna and Rick

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019, 9:58 PM Elaina Nieman <Elainasd@...> wrote:
Hope to meet you soon Ben and Sue!
On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 9:39 AM Josie Sarullo <josie.sarullo@...> wrote:
Welcome Ben and Sue

On Sat, Nov 16, 2019 at 1:34 PM Ben Palmer <ben.palmer@...> wrote:

Hello,

We moved to La Jolla a few months ago from Chicago. Someone from La Jolla New Commers told us about this group. Looks fun.

Ben Palmer and Sue De Santo

--
Elaina
Sent from my mobile device

Lisa Dixon

Hi Everyone! Just joined this group. East coast born but been in PB since 1995 and love it :-) several of my closest friends have moved out of San Diego and my kids are finally out and on their own so hoping to find some new friends and look forward to the next get together and meeting everyone. Lisa

Welcome Lisa - thank you for your nice introduction.   It is always rough when friends move away but there are always cool new people out there to meet - and you seem like one of them. .  We look forward to meeting you also.
.