Topics

THIS SUNDAY: Another Free "Concert on the Green" at Kate Sessions Park

The third of the four "Concerts on the Green" series will be this Sunday at Kate Sessions Park. The local band "Siers Brothers" will be playing from 4 PM to 6:30 PM with a mix of rock and roll, reggae, country and blues.. These concerts are a great way to spend a summer afternoon and this is a really fun band so you don't want to miss this one. Please use this thread to let us know you are coming and to post your location - and don't worry if you get lost - we will send out a search party! :-)

Be sure to bring a blanket or some beach chairs and your refreshments of choice - Kate Sessions is one of the few parks in San Diego where alcohol is legal as long as it is in unbreakable containers. Great music, a stunning view and friendly neighbors - what's to lose? Hope so see some of you there.

kate sessions.jpg

Deb Watson

Unfortunately I can't make it this Sunday. Hope everyone has fun :)
Deb

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019, 21:20 Rob Gordon <rob@...> wrote:

The third of the four "Concerts on the Green" series will be this Sunday at Kate Sessions Park. The local band "Siers Brothers" will be playing from 4 PM to 6:30 PM with a mix of rock and roll, reggae, country and blues.. These concerts are a great way to spend a summer afternoon and this is a really fun band so you don't want to miss this one. Please use this thread to let us know you are coming and to post your location - and don't worry if you get lost - we will send out a search party! :-)

Be sure to bring a blanket or some beach chairs and your refreshments of choice - Kate Sessions is one of the few parks in San Diego where alcohol is legal as long as it is in unbreakable containers. Great music, a stunning view and friendly neighbors - what's to lose? Hope so see some of you there.

kate sessions.jpg

Well dagnabbit Deb - sorry you can't make it - that was fun last time.

I think we have two people so far for Sunday so that is a start.  It turns out my friend from Ocean Beach who I was going to visit instead was actually there at the concert.  He mentioned something I noticed as well - that the crowd was fairly sparse.  I thought maybe a few hundred people at most.  It was still fun but when I went a few years ago it was packed and the turnout would likely have been bigger in most other San Diego neighborhoods.  Not sure why that would be - maybe Kate Sessions is just hard to get to?  The band playing this Sunday has a big following so there should be a bigger crowd and even if people don't come though this invitation I hope people will support events like this.  This one is put on by the Pacific Beach Town Council and we want them to keep doing it :-)

Hope everyone's weekend is off to a good start.

 Hi everyone,

Quick reminder that he third of the four "Concerts on the Green" series is today starting at 4pm at Kate Sessions Park: less than an hour from now. The local band "Siers Brothers" will be playing from 4 PM to 6:30 PM with a "mix of rock and roll, reggae, country and blues".    We had just a few people say they are coming from here and Meetup but I'm going and will be leaving my house shortly.

This is super casual - just bring a blanket or some beach chairs and listen to some music. If you have never be been to Kate Sessions Park the view is really amazing - worth checking out for that alone. Please reply on this thread with your location if you want to hook up or send a text message to my phone number.

Hope to see a few of you there but either way have a great Sunday afternoon.

Rob

858-848-5001