Topics

THIS SUNDAY: "Concert on the Green" at Kate Sessions Park

Looking for something to do this weekend? The Kate Sessions Concerts are a a great way to spend a late summer afternoon. I couldn't make it last week but will be going on Sunday - anyone care to join me? This week the PB local band "Laid Low" will be playing  from 4 PM to 6:30 PM with music that is a mix of "Alt rock, surf, reggae, and blues". The view from Kate Sessions Park is really stunning if you have never been there before and that alone is worth it.  Be sure to bring a blanket or beach chairs and refreshments in not breakable containers - it is one of the few parks in San Diego where alcohol is legal. Let us know if you are coming and post your location on this thread- especially if you are going alone but even if you are going with a friend if you are open to meeting new folks or having visitors to your area :-). We had fun when we did this last year so I hope some of you can make it.

Deb Watson

Rob, where will everyone be sitting.. I am going to try to make it

On Fri, Jul 26, 2019, 22:20 Rob Gordon <rob@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Deb - nice to hear from you.  There is no "everyone" - you are the only one who responded - maybe sending the message out late Friday was too late, or maybe everyone had other plans.  I was just now mulling whether to send a cancellation message or simply "do nothing" and maybe go visit a friend in a different neighborhood who mentioned something about drinks at his place.

I will still go with one firm RSVP - from anyone - this list has about 150 of our neighbors - no pressure at all on you if you were expecting a bigger group.  Another possibility is to hook up with this meetup https://www.meetup.com/PB-Locals/events/263349567/  -  I have been to one of their events - nice folks - I have been to one of their events and it looks like there are five of them.   So I need to decide in the next half hour or so - go anyway or head over to my friends house in OB for drinks, and try again next week when the Seirs brothers will be playing - a possibly more popular band.

I don't feel like being a "leader" today so if someone out there wants to help out and "take charge" be my guest  - I have a half hour or so before I have to leave to get there by 4pm but being a bit late wouldn't be a disaster.   Anyone getting this message is welcome to weigh in.   Whatever happens hope you are having a nice Sunday :-)

Rob

On Sun, Jul 28, 2019 at 2:01 PM Deb Watson <debwatson1099@...> wrote:
[...]

Actually, I think I will head over there anyway and lurk for a bit.   I think I will go to 7/11 and pick up a few Mike's Hard Lemonades :- )   My friend never called and I need to get out anyway - going to take my bike so probably  won't make it by 4 pm and not sure if I will stay long, but ping me if you are there or want to go.

Rob

Rob Gordon

Phone Number:     858-848-5001
Business Email:     rob@...
Website URL:        http://Action.Associates

On Sun, Jul 28, 2019 at 3:06 PM Rob Gordon <rob@...> wrote:
[...]

I'm here - Deb Watson is on her way.  Parking is rough but there's still time if anybody wants to cruise by. Kid goes till 6:30 pm. The band actually sounds pretty good.

On Sun, Jul 28, 2019, 3:23 PM Rob Gordon via Groups.Io <rob=action.associates@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Bob Crews

We were last minute participants as we just flew back into town. We will be out of town next weekend but hope all enjoy the park concerts as much as we did yesterday.
We do miss the bike rides, we need to schedule a few more before summer is over.

Thanks
Bob and TK

Tina Clippinger

I couldn’t make this one but sure would like to do the next one.

Thanks,

Tina C

On Jul 29, 2019, at 8:33 AM, Bob Crews via Groups.Io <tkconsult21@...> wrote:

We were last minute participants as we just flew back into town. We will be out of town next weekend but hope all enjoy the park concerts as much as we did yesterday.
We do miss the bike rides, we need to schedule a few more before summer is over.

Thanks
Bob and TK

Hi Bob and TK  - nice to hear from you guys.  We have organized some bike rides and will be doing more.  Feel free to propose a time if you want to get one going - for bike rides you don't have to have a ton of people to have a nice time.  Hope you can make the concert next Sunday at 4pm - I will announce shortly.

Hi Tina - let's do it then!  See you next Sunday

Rob