Topics

WEDNESDAY: Pool Night at Society PB #pool

Val

Hi Rob,

I miss our bike rides, I am looking forward to warm weather! I think pool is fun, I did it only once! So of course I am not a playerūüėābut I would love to learn it!¬† Do you know of a place that offers instructions?¬†

On Sun, Feb 24, 2019 at 9:32 PM Rob Gordon <caltrade@...> wrote:

 Hi Everyone - hope you had a nice weekend,

I wanted to let you know that we will be having another "PB40 Pool Night" at Society on Garnet Wednesday, February 27th from 5 pm till 8 pm. This will be hosted by David Claussen, as the others have been. He rents the first table and then people who come either chip in or rent there own tables after that - it doesn't cost too much. This is a low key, but fun event.  Playing on the larger tables is a different experience and there should be some happy hour specials.  Try to make it for a game or two if you can - all skill levels are welcome.

Hope to see you there.

Rob

P.S.  I know I have said it before, but I will be replacing this platform and this will likely be the last event we promote here. I want to get back to planning more bike rides ( I was going to try but both weekends were pouring)  I would also like to organize a "hacker" beach volleyball game and maybe some more happy hours at new places, and of course, I hope David keeps this Pool Night going.  The point is setting up systems where anyone can be a leader and organize events or gatherings - not that there be one giant "group" with a single leader.  The new platform will allow people to make individual mailing lists for the interests that people have expressed here - so, for example, we can have a bike rides list, but people not interested in bike rides - same thing with other interests that have been expressed here - music, working out, racquet sports, rollerblading, books clubs, whatever - we just want to make sure things are as inclusive as possible. I am going to try to get this going this week and no one will need to take any action - it should all happen automatically.

pool night 2 cropped.jpg

PB40 Pool Night February.jpg

--
To view community on the web: http://pb40.club
To view community event calendar: https://goo.gl/P4p23X

Heidi Schutte

Oh my goodness, been trying to hang with this group,  but Wednesdays for me are out, Crap!!! Im down for some fun, hit me up on heidi_Schutte on instagram too for other get togethers!! Anyone like SD Fleet??? Padres? Sports venues???? Have fun on Wednesday, hopin the ladies rule the table!!

Kick this week's ass!!!

All Smiles,
Heidi

On Sun, Feb 24, 2019, 9:32 PM Rob Gordon <caltrade@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi @Val Turner  don't worry we will be having more bike rides - the weather was just terrible on the days I wanted to do that, plus my year got off to a slow start - seems like everyone I know says the same thing.  You don't need to know how to play pool to play pool - that is one of the nice things about the game - lol.   @David Clausson has offered to give tips/lessons to newer players if you want.  The is not a raucous party or anything - just a low key gathering.  Come on down for a game and a drink or two - bring your husband if he is into it.

Cheers

Rob

Šźß

On Sun, Feb 24, 2019 at 9:45 PM Val Turner <valturnerr@...> wrote:
[...]

Hi Heidi - no worries - there will be more.  You have some fun ideas and I am sure you will find some takers here :-)

As for "Kick this week's ass" I am trying - but I am afraid so far it is kicking mine - LOL.

Remember everyone else - Wednesday early evening at Society - swing by if you can.

Rob