Topics

WEDNESDAY: Pool Night at Society PB #pool

Rob Gordon

 Hi Everyone - hope you had a nice weekend,

I wanted to let you know that we will be having another "PB40 Pool Night" at Society on Garnet Wednesday, February 27th from 5 pm till 8 pm. This will be hosted by David Claussen, as the others have been. He rents the first table and then people who come either chip in or rent there own tables after that - it doesn't cost too much. This is a low key, but fun event.  Playing on the larger tables is a different experience and there should be some happy hour specials.  Try to make it for a game or two if you can - all skill levels are welcome.

Hope to see you there.

Rob

P.S.  I know I have said it before, but I will be replacing this platform and this will likely be the last event we promote here. I want to get back to planning more bike rides ( I was going to try but both weekends were pouring)  I would also like to organize a "hacker" beach volleyball game and maybe some more happy hours at new places, and of course, I hope David keeps this Pool Night going.  The point is setting up systems where anyone can be a leader and organize events or gatherings - not that there be one giant "group" with a single leader.  The new platform will allow people to make individual mailing lists for the interests that people have expressed here - so, for example, we can have a bike rides list, but people not interested in bike rides - same thing with other interests that have been expressed here - music, working out, racquet sports, rollerblading, books clubs, whatever - we just want to make sure things are as inclusive as possible. I am going to try to get this going this week and no one will need to take any action - it should all happen automatically.

pool night 2 cropped.jpg

PB40 Pool Night February.jpg