Topics

Welcome to the new PB40 Platform #moderation

 

Hi Everyone - welcome to the new PB40 platform.  I didn't expect this transfer to be completed until later this week so this caught me a little unprepared.  I had planned to write up a welcoming letter and as well as our guidelines and organizing principles, but those are essentially the same as they were on the Google Group - "be welcoming" to new members, avoid divisive community issues, that kind of thing so it is no big deal if that waits a day or two.  I have a few events I want to plan - a bike ride this weekend and maybe a happy hour or pool night the week after, plus I have a few other things I would like you to know about.  Today is super busy for me though so in the meantime feel free to poke around and if you have any ideas for fun things you would like to do by all means feel free to post. 

Rob

Val
 

Thank you Rob, I am looking forward to bike ride with you guys again:)
Valeria 

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 2:08 PM Rob Gordon <rob@...> wrote:
Hi Everyone - welcome to the new PB40 platform.  I didn't expect this transfer to be completed until later this week so this caught me a little unprepared.  I had planned to write up a welcoming letter and as well as our guidelines and organizing principles, but those are essentially the same as they were on the Google Group - "be welcoming" to new members, avoid divisive community issues, that kind of thing so it is no big deal if that waits a day or two.  I have a few events I want to plan - a bike ride this weekend and maybe a happy hour or pool night the week after, plus I have a few other things I would like you to know about.  Today is super busy for me though so in the meantime feel free to poke around and if you have any ideas for fun things you would like to do by all means feel free to post. 

Rob

rkbliss1012@...
 

I haven't met you yet, but thank you so much for all the work you have put into this.  I hope to get some weekends off from work one of these days and I look forward to meeting some of my neighbors in PB.
Robin

David cCausson
 

Hi Rob, David Clausson, let's plan another pool night? let me know when is good for you.

David

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 2:08 PM Rob Gordon <rob@...> wrote:
Hi Everyone - welcome to the new PB40 platform.  I didn't expect this transfer to be completed until later this week so this caught me a little unprepared.  I had planned to write up a welcoming letter and as well as our guidelines and organizing principles, but those are essentially the same as they were on the Google Group - "be welcoming" to new members, avoid divisive community issues, that kind of thing so it is no big deal if that waits a day or two.  I have a few events I want to plan - a bike ride this weekend and maybe a happy hour or pool night the week after, plus I have a few other things I would like you to know about.  Today is super busy for me though so in the meantime feel free to poke around and if you have any ideas for fun things you would like to do by all means feel free to post. 

Rob

Lila Mufti
 

We can’t wait for the bike ride going to take the tandem out :)

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 6:20 PM Val <Valturnerr@...> wrote:
Thank you Rob, I am looking forward to bike ride with you guys again:)
Valeria 

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 2:08 PM Rob Gordon <rob@...> wrote:
Hi Everyone - welcome to the new PB40 platform.  I didn't expect this transfer to be completed until later this week so this caught me a little unprepared.  I had planned to write up a welcoming letter and as well as our guidelines and organizing principles, but those are essentially the same as they were on the Google Group - "be welcoming" to new members, avoid divisive community issues, that kind of thing so it is no big deal if that waits a day or two.  I have a few events I want to plan - a bike ride this weekend and maybe a happy hour or pool night the week after, plus I have a few other things I would like you to know about.  Today is super busy for me though so in the meantime feel free to poke around and if you have any ideas for fun things you would like to do by all means feel free to post. 

Rob

--
Best, 

Lila Mufti

 

Thank you Robin - always working weekends must not be too much fun, but we sometimes plan weekday events - other people have asked about that too.  Plus there is nothing wrong with activities that only involve a few people.  Not everything needs to be a huge group.  I look forward to meeting you also. 

Rob

 

Hi Lila - I am planning a bike ride for this Sunday - just a simple one around Mission Bay.  I  will post about it tomorrow.   If you can't make that one, I do plan to do them more frequently, and I hope other people will plan some rides also.  Your tandem bike sounds like fun.

Rob

 

Hi David - that sounds great - you got me hooked on pool.  

What do you think about combining pool night and a happy hour?   I think we kicked that around at the last pool night.  I was thinking of another happy hour at Silver Fox, and meet in back where the pool tables are.  The last time we met there was lots of fun.  I was thinking a week from Friday on the 19th?  You could do one earlier if you want.  These should be a little easier to organize with the "pool sharks and wannabes" set aside as a separate list.   Thanks again for organizing those - I have really enjoyed them. 

Rob

David cCausson
 

the week after would be better for me, friend is getting surgery the week of the 19th,so 25th or 26th? ok? and the fox sound's great!
should be fun.

thank's Rob
David C

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 10:14 PM Rob Gordon <rob@...> wrote:

Hi David - that sounds great - you got me hooked on pool.  

What do you think about combining pool night and a happy hour?   I think we kicked that around at the last pool night.  I was thinking of another happy hour at Silver Fox, and meet in back where the pool tables are.  The last time we met there was lots of fun.  I was thinking a week from Friday on the 19th?  You could do one earlier if you want.  These should be a little easier to organize with the "pool sharks and wannabes" set aside as a separate list.   Thanks again for organizing those - I have really enjoyed them. 

Rob